top of page

How to look after your items


Sterling Silver is a precious metal and Gold Filled (while not a precious metal) will last a lifetime if taken care of properly. Metals will tarnish if left out in the open air. Some skin types and lotions you use might tarnish the metal quicker than usual too. 

All metals will show some wear over time and will begin to tarnish, however you can reduce these effects by:
- Avoiding chemicals such as household chemicals, lotions and perfume
- Avoid getting your jewellery wet (showers, pools)
- Take off when exercising and sleeping to reduce sweat contact

- Store in an air tight bag/box when you aren't wearing 

Silver is soft and can become scratched easily, so you can use a soft lint-free Polishing Cloth to remove day to day tarnishing and fingerprints. You may also wish to have your jewellery professionally cleaned by visiting a jeweller or using a home ultrasonic cleaner. 

Avoid wearing vermeil jewellery while using chlorine bleach or while in a pool or hot tub. To clean gold vermeil jewellery, buff VERY gently with a soft and dry 100% cotton cloth or a microfibre cloth. NEVER use chemical cleaners on vermeil jewellery as it can strip the gold finish.


We consider all of our cutlery pieces as keepsakes however if you would like to use your special piece we recommend a very gentle hand wash only to clean. They are NOT dishwasher safe. The ink may also fade over time with use, however you can re-blacken your letters with a non toxic marker pen. Just go over the letters and buff away the excess ink. 


PLEASE NOTE:  A Food Safe marker pen is used to fill the impressions, which is classified as safe for surfaces that come into contact with food. Despite the very small amount used within the impressions, due to the solvents in the product formula (which although do evaporate & leave the non-hazardous marking behind) - it isn't able to be recommended for use on cutlery that will be used regularly. It is up to the individual if they wish to do so, at their own risk.


All drink stirrers are all made from plastic and each animal/dinosaur is dressed up & ready to party in metallic spray paint, so each one can be gently hand-washed and used over and over again. These are not dishwasher safe. 

bottom of page